Sunday was a beautiful day for the MS Walk! The forecast called for cool temperatures with showers, but it ended up being warm and rain-free.
The setting was lovely, too. The walk started off winding through a park and then looped through downtown Keene. The trees are beginning to turn here in New England, and it was just such a pretty walk.
Kayte's Cronies did great! We won't know the final totals until the end of October -- you can continue to donate till then! -- but as of walk morning, we had raised more than all the other teams participating in the Keene walk! Jim and I raised more than $1000 between the two of us, and as of walk day Kayte and I were the #2 and #3 individual fundraisers. She still has money coming in, and had a lot of last-minute cash donations, so I'm hoping that in the end she'll end up #1 for the second year in a row!
Thank you so much to everyone who donated! I'm so grateful to all my wonderful friends - you made the walk a success. We walked in honor of Kayte, and I can't tell you how much she appreciated all the support.
And we have prizes! As promised, everyone who donated and commented here was eligible to win something from me. I drew names and the winners are:
- 4oz of BFL combed top from Spunky Eclectic in the "Brain Freeze" colorway: won by OctopusKnits!
- One skein of Dream in Color Smooshy in "Some Summer Sky": won by Vicky!
- Two skeins of Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock in "Tuscany": won by Olliepup!
- One skein of Socks that Rock Lightweight in "Metamorphic": won by Erin L.!
- Two skeins of Cherry Tree Hill Superwash Merino Mini in "Spring Frost": won by DebKnits2!
- One skein of Wollmeise 100% merino superwash, 574 yards in "Sultan": won by Shelly!
I'll be contacting you all via Ravelry (I think that's easiest) to make sure I have a correct mailing address for you. Thanks again to everyone who donated!