I noticed the other day that even though I've only had this blog for about nine months or so, I've already used 25% of my alloted disk space. I think I need to start resizing my pictures before uploading them! (What do the rest of you do when you post pictures? Resize them? Store them elsewhere? Use a site that allows more storage space to begin with?)
Anyway, the Jaywalkers are done!
Oddly, the second one has more
mistakes design features than the first one. I think I was more stressed out while working on the second one, and probably not paying quite as much attention since it was no longer my first sock. :-) I'm not 100% thrilled with how these fit -- as you can see, they're a little baggy in the ankle -- but I haven't yet worn them, other than to take this picture, so I'll reserve judgement until they've gotten some use.
On my trip yesterday, I started another sock.
These are just plain stockinette. I'm using a pattern from Yankee Knitter as a reference for numbers of stitches and whatnot, but I'm sort of winging it. The yarn is one of the balls of Regia Stratocolor that I got at Webs. These are going much faster than the Jaywalkers, thanks to 25% fewer stitches, larger needles (2s instead of 1s) and mindless stockinette in the round. On my ride down to New York, I got through the ribbing before nodding off and sleeping for the rest of the way; I did all the stockinette on the way home. I *love* the colors in this yarn.
Today, I have no plans. Whee! I have to catch up on all the housework I haven't done for the last two weeks, but I hope to get some knitting time in too. :-)